Sunday, April 20, 2008

Firefox wrong flash player version?

For some reason my Mozilla Firefox on Linux seemed to have an old version of Adobe (was Macromedia) Flash Player. I checked this on the adobe web site which claimed I was running an old version on Windows rather than version 9 under linux.

Installing the rpm version of flash and checking the plugins directory where firefox was installed did not help.

Typing "about:plugins" in the location box in firefox listed the plugin gave me a clue it was something to do with
NPSWF32.dll.so, and that souds windowsey so I susspected Crossover Office.

However I had tried uninstalling flash in crossover, but it either hung or crashed. Seems my windows flash installation was broken.

I found the problem in my home directory

~/.cxoffice/win2000/desktopdata/cxnsplugin/linux/npcxoffice-8be57157-dcc2-49ef-988f-3a73a6023181.linux.npqtplugin.dll.so


and lost of similarly named files linked to

~/.cxoffice/win2000/desktopdata/cxnsplugin/linux/npqtplugin.dll.so

I deleted the links and it works fine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home